Home  / Buy Now  / Tutorials  / Forums  

CPS-2 Marvel v Capcom + XMen v Street Fighter

Started on Wednesday 11/18/2009 4:46:39 PM by Nick

Home / Forums / CPS-2 Marvel v Capcom + XMen v Street Fighter

I've been running a bunch for CPS-2 games without a hitch (such as Super Street Fighter) using Finalburn Alpha ... but I can't get Marvel vs Capcom or X-Men vs Street Fighter to run for the life of me! I have seen YouTube videos featuring these games but unfortunately have had no luck so far. I've tried both of the CPS-2 emulators which currently exist, even creating graphics dump files ... but to no avail.

Has anybody else been successful at getting these games to run, and if so, how ?

Showing Replies Page of 1 

Nick Says:
Tuesday 10/4/2011 3:36:58 PM

I got marvel vs capcom to work by using the zip file mvscj which is a clone of the original mvsc. Create the graphics dump file using that and you should be good. Just place the file mvscj.fba in the proper folder...

GP2XWiz Admin Says:
Sunday 12/13/2009 6:52:09 PM

I finally got this working myself after trying a few different things. You have to use the FBACache utility to get this working.

Taken from the download page:

To Generate Cache Files:
1. Unzip FBACache.zip somewhere
2. Copy the ROM set to the "roms" folder of FBACache
3. If it's a NeoGeo or PGM game, copy also the BIOS set (neogeo.zip or pgm.zip)
4. If it's a clone set, copy also the parent set
5. Open the Command Prompt, and go to the FBACache directory
6. Type and enter "fbacache.exe -d [romname].zip" (no quotes, and [romname] is the ROM set's filename)
7. Wait until the dumping process completes (make sure no missing files are indicated)
8. Copy only the [romname].fba to the ROMs folder of FBA2X in the SD card

This should allow you to play certain CPS2 titles now. I got the following games to work (which didn't before without .fba cache files): Hyper Street Fighter 2 (Anniversary Edition), Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter Alpha 3, X-Men vs Street Fighter. Hope this helps!

J Mash Says:
Wednesday 12/2/2009 8:33:17 PM

You have to find the right version of the rom set and also create a graphics dump file. The games you're talking about are the higher end CPS-2 games which use more video memory. Even FinalBurn alpha will need a graphics dump file for those. I recommend experimenting with both of the CPS-2 emulators available for the wiz and different rom sets. It's been done ... there are certainly videos to prove it.

Note: All times displayed are UTC - 7

Useful Stuff

Follow Me On Twitter

Downloads & Resources
OpenHandhelds.org Wiz File Archive

Wiz Size Comparison (click for full size)
gp2x wiz dimensions relative size

Buy Now

Latest Tweets

Portable emulation for thousands of different games
Please note: This web site is for informational purposes. We do not sell or manufacture any products.
Copyright © 2018 GP2XWiz.info. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use & Privacy Policy