||GP2XWiz Admin Says:
Sunday 12/13/2009 6:52:09 PM
I finally got this working myself after trying a few different things. You have to use the FBACache utility to get this working.
Taken from the download page:http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,15,2682
To Generate Cache Files:
1. Unzip FBACache.zip somewhere
2. Copy the ROM set to the "roms" folder of FBACache
3. If it's a NeoGeo or PGM game, copy also the BIOS set (neogeo.zip or pgm.zip)
4. If it's a clone set, copy also the parent set
5. Open the Command Prompt, and go to the FBACache directory
6. Type and enter "fbacache.exe -d [romname].zip" (no quotes, and [romname] is the ROM set's filename)
7. Wait until the dumping process completes (make sure no missing files are indicated)
8. Copy only the [romname].fba to the ROMs folder of FBA2X in the SD card
This should allow you to play certain CPS2 titles now. I got the following games to work (which didn't before without .fba cache files): Hyper Street Fighter 2 (Anniversary Edition), Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter Alpha 3, X-Men vs Street Fighter. Hope this helps!
||J Mash Says:
Wednesday 12/2/2009 8:33:17 PM
You have to find the right version of the rom set and also create a graphics dump file. The games you're talking about are the higher end CPS-2 games which use more video memory. Even FinalBurn alpha will need a graphics dump file for those. I recommend experimenting with both of the CPS-2 emulators available for the wiz and different rom sets. It's been done ... there are certainly videos to prove it.