Home  / Buy Now  / Tutorials  / Forums  

NBA JAM TE on Mame4all - Wiz

Started on Thursday 5/19/2011 9:33:04 PM by Naru

Home / Forums / NBA JAM TE on Mame4all - Wiz

Hi guys,

I am trying to run Nba Jam smoothly on mame4all. As suggested, I set to cpu at 800 MHz (even at 830 MHz, the max in my case) and the video aspect at scale.

I load the rom no problem but I am having performance issues such as poor framerate (auto frameskip at 7), slow and choppy gameplay. Cpu clock and audio clock are both set at 80%. Same poor results were observed on mame4all 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6. I know that Midway's games are tough to emulate...

Does someone run nba jam smoothly ? If yes, what are your settings ?

Thanks !

Showing Replies Page of 1 

Naru Says:
Saturday 5/21/2011 10:47:33 PM

Hi,

Tried with the Mame4all offered version but still am having performance issues. The game is slow, auto frameskip at 7. However, I am running other roms (f.e. Mortal Kombat and Outrun) flawlessly at 830 MHz, solid 58-60 fps. My firmware version is 1.2.6. Maybe my wiz doesn't like basketball games at all ;) Thank you for your help !

GP2XWiz Admin Says:
Saturday 5/21/2011 7:10:08 PM

Hi Naru,

Using the same rom set as you, with MAME4ALL at the recommended settings. I wonder if I've been using a different release than you? Try downloading the file which I offer game.zip and see if using the version & configuration of MAME within that file does it for you... Let me know!

Naru Says:
Saturday 5/21/2011 8:55:50 AM

Hi Nick,

Indeed, I am playing both roms with exact same results (nbajam.zip and nbajamt1.zip). At 800 MHz and with the screen mode to scale the gameplay is choppy and slow (autoframe skip to 7). Maybe my roms are bad...I am using roms from the MAME GP2X_Wiz 2.2 Full Romset. Where do you get yours ?

Nick Says:
Friday 5/20/2011 9:06:43 PM

Are you playing the standard ROM nbajab, or is it Tournament Edition? Personally, I've been able to play nbajam at 800 mhz (screen mode to scale) without a hitch. I'm running a version of Mame4All from the game zip file available for download from this site.

Note: All times displayed are UTC - 7

Useful Stuff

Follow Me On Twitter
http://twitter.com/gp2xwizinfo

Downloads & Resources
OpenHandhelds.org Wiz File Archive

Wiz Size Comparison (click for full size)
gp2x wiz dimensions relative size

Navigation
Home
Buy Now
Tutorials
Forums

Latest Tweets

Portable emulation for thousands of different games
Please note: This web site is for informational purposes. We do not sell or manufacture any products.
Copyright © 2018 GP2XWiz.info. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use & Privacy Policy