Home  / Buy Now  / Tutorials  / Forums  

Running Mortal Kombat and Super Street Fighter

Started on Thursday 10/29/2009 6:34:32 PM by 1980winston

Home / Forums / Running Mortal Kombat and Super Street Fighter

You've got some great clips of arcade games there. I have mame 2.4 running on mine but some of the games aren't as good as yours. E.G. you mortal combat looks much newer than mine. And your super street fighter. Can't see that as one of the games mame2.4 runs?! What acrcade emu are you using? Love those games!!

Showing Replies Page of 1 

J Mash Says:
Wednesday 12/2/2009 8:36:04 PM

Thanks - your suggestions for MAME settings worked perfectly. Mortal Kombat is running like a charm. I also noticed that some of the other games such as Tapper were coming off the screen but like you said, setting video aspect to Scale did the trick!

GP2XWiz Admin Says:
Thursday 11/5/2009 1:40:03 AM

I'll be including more info/screen shots on the site soon - In the mean time, to answer your questions:

First off, I got all the emulators from OpenHandhelds.org. On that site when you're in the WIZ Emulators section, on the right column of the site you can see the "Most Downloads" list. All of the emus which I will mention should appear in that list.

1. I'm running MAME4ALL 2.4 for many of the arcade games. For games such as Mortal Kombat be sure to tweak the settings inside MAME. For example, before launching MK, set the WIZ Clock option to 800 MHz, and Video Aspect to Scale.

2. For Capcom games such as Super Street Fighter, Ghouls & Ghosts, etc, I highly recommend using FinalBurn Alpha as the emulator. It runs the CPS-1 (ex: SFII Turbo) and CPS-2 (Super SFII) games like a charm. The only drawback with FinalBurn Alpha is that it doesn't allow button assignment (unless I have missed it somewhere !).

Hope this helps. Let me know !

Note: All times displayed are UTC - 7

Useful Stuff

Follow Me On Twitter
http://twitter.com/gp2xwizinfo

Downloads & Resources
OpenHandhelds.org Wiz File Archive

Wiz Size Comparison (click for full size)
gp2x wiz dimensions relative size

Navigation
Home
Buy Now
Tutorials
Forums

Portable emulation for thousands of different games
Please note: This web site is for informational purposes. We do not sell or manufacture any products.
Copyright © 2021 GP2XWiz.info. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use & Privacy Policy